When someone you love passes away, it is easy to find yourself thinking up ideas similar to this:
- If I rub every lamp I find, I’m sure a genie will eventually appear to grant me that one wish.
- If I learn to lucid dream, I’ll see them in my dreams and it’ll be like they’re really there.
- Maybe they’re a ghost and if I attempt to make contact with them, I’ll eventually get a response.
- Maybe they’ll reincarnate into someone and try to find me.
- I could buy one of those ouija boards and try to contact them.
- What if they’re not really dead and I have to go on a quest to find them?
Depending on your imagination, this list could be completely different. Regardless, I think it crosses everyone’s minds that with a little bit of magic or mystery things could be different. I’m sure this is normal. Or maybe it’s more that I hope this is normal. I think about crazy schemes like these from time to time. It’s been almost 9 years since my dad passed and the ideas still creep up on me when I least expect them too.